Plastisol Open-Mold products are the perfect low cost alternative to thermal injection molding, rubber molding, die cutting, and hand fabrication available as gaskets, O-rings, washers, bezels, and other complex shapes.
- Plastisol Open-Mold:
- Controls Noise
- Reduces Vibration
- Plastisol Open-Mold offers weatherability and dielectric strength while providing excellent fire, chemical, abrasion, UV, and ozone resistance.
|Primary usage||Sealing & Gasketing|
|Material||PVC, closed cell, available in virtually any durometer - hard or soft|
|Color||Normally black (available in any color, including fluorescent & clear upon request)|
|Service Temperature Range||-40 to 320|
- Custom Designed Product: Plastisol Open-Mold utilizes a unique open mold forming technique that is perfect for a wide variety of applications such as gaskets, washers, bezels, and other complex shapes.
- Low Tooling Costs: Due to Plastisol Open-Mold's unique process, production requires fewer tooling components and less setup time than conventional forming techniques such as thermal injection molding, rubber molding, die cutting, and hand fabrication. Plastisol Open-Mold products are less expensive, making them perfect for prototypes, and short, medium, or even high volume runs.
- Short Delivery Time: Plastisol Open-Mold requires minimal tooling allowing products to "get to market quicker."
Plastisol Open-Mold meets or exceeds the performance requirements of the following specifications and/or standards:
- Ford: ESB-M4G70-A, WSK-M4G70-C
- General Motors: GM6086M Type IIIB,GM1131M Type D