ND Pell-It is typically a tough plug or pellet of nylon or other material, that is inserted into a hole drilled in the fastener. ND Pell-It makes any fastener self-locking, self-sealing, reusable and fully adjustable. It can be installed in external or internally threaded fasteners of virtually any size, material or finish. ND Pell-It delivers outstanding performance in both high and low temperature extremes. Due to its compressibility, resilience and resistance to deformation, fasteners utilizing ND Pell-It can be repeatedly removed and adjusted.
- When assembled with a mating part the resilient ND Pell-It is compressed. The compressed engineered plastic (typically Nylon) Pell-It provides locking action in the thread instead of at the bearing surface due to its vibration dampening characteristics. In general, the resilience of ND Pell-It holds the fastener in place without adhesives or thread distortion. Due to its resilience, ND Pell-It can be repeatedly adjusted and reused.
- ND Pell-It is also available in KEL-F® and Vespel® materials for higher temperature applications.
- ND Pell-It is normally positioned one to three threads back from the end of a fastener to assure ease of starting. Special ND Pell-It positioning can be specified for specific applications. ND Pell-It location and diameter can be tailored to fit your needs.
- As with all our Pre-Applied products, ND Industries can 'Pell-Itize' your fasteners at any one of our regional service centers, or we can supply you with "Pell-itized" fasteners.
- ND Pell-It Won't Work Loose: Under most operating conditions, ND Pell-It is unaffected by vibration or reversal of stress. ND Pell-It locks whether your fasteners are seated or unseated, making it ideal for use with gasketed joints, plastic, or glass.
- U.S. Military: MIL-DTL-18240F, MIL-F-18240E, MIL-N-25027
- Chrysler: PF-5144, PF-6157, PF-6158
- Ford: ES-382101-S100, ES-378813-S100
- IFI: 124
- IFI: 524
- John Deere: JDT905
- Mack Trucks: 3/6 AXS5, 10 AMS1
- FMC: 126052
- Cummins Engine : 16,512-05
- Externally Threaded Parts: Any female part can be Pell-Itized by the "twist" method of spinning the Pell-It into a tapped hole from the O.D. of the part. ND Pell-It is particularly suitable for bearing retainer nuts.
- Dependable Positive Lock: Resistant to vibration or reversal of stress, ND Pell-It locks whether fasteners are seated or unseated.
- Saves Money: Use of ND Pell-It requires no costly lock washers, cotter pins, or castellated nuts. You get a close fit without expensive close tolerances. Moreover, ND Pell-It is less expensive than applying bottled thread locking compounds at the point of assembly.
- Saves Effort: ND Pell-It greatly reduces the need for retightening.
- Saves Time: "Pell-Itized" fasteners can be automatically fed through standard feeding devices - speeding up your process and improving productivity.
- Resists Heat and Cold: ND Pell-It meets and exceeds IFI Specifications 124, 524, and military Specification MIL-DTL-18240F Type N for temperatures up to +250°F (up to + 120°C).
- Resists Chemicals: ND Pell-It is virtually impervious to a wide range of chemicals, water, and motor fluids. Pell-It will not dry, shrink, or lose resiliency when exposed to commercial solvents, alcohol, gasoline, oil, caustic soda, jet fuel, and many other chemicals.
- Outstanding Reusability: "Pell-Itized" fasteners can be reused repeatedly without damage to threads.
- Press-Fit Applications: Press-Fit fasteners with ND Pell-It inserts provide a close fit without expensive close tolerances. The replace the need for extra parts, special grooves, clips, or retaining rings.
|Copper||5 Cycles||-400° to 800°F||Copper|
|KEL-F®||0 Cycles||-320° to 390°F||Blue|
|Nylon 6/6||15 Cycles||-65° to 250°F||Typically Yellow|
|Stainless Steel||0 Cycles||-400° to 1200°F||Silver|
|Teflon®||5 Cycles||-450° to 550°F||White|
|Vespel®||5 Cycles||-450° to 550°F||Brown|
®KEL-F is a registered trademark of Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Co. ®Vespel is a registered trademark of EI. Dupont De Nemours & Co. *QPL-18240 and MIL-DTL-18240F requires yellow nylon.