ND Microspheres® Epoxy
ND Microspheres Epoxy are microencapsulated, room temperature curing adhesives that can be applied to male or female threaded fasteners of all sizes and configurations.
- ND Microspheres remain inert until the coated fastener is assembled to its mating part. The forces of engagement crush the microscopic capsules of epoxy resin, mix the separate reactant components, and initiate a chemical reaction which locks the parts together.
- Within minutes of assembly, ND Microspheres forms a substantial bond between the mating surfaces. Curing continues, normally, for 72 hours following installation in order to achieve full strength.
- ND Microspheres 593 DPC is available in powder form which, once reconstituted with the recommended solvent, exhibits the same properties as factory supplied liquid material.
- Low Prevailing on Torque: Assembles easily with common hand tools.
- Exceptional Locking Power: Extensive testing indicates that ND Microspheres provides two to four times greater breakaway torque than conventional "plastic" fastener locking devices.
- Versatile: ND Microspheres are compatible with most sizes, configurations, materials and finishes.
- Surpasses Industrial Fastener Institute Standards: ND Microspheres meets or exceeds all performance requirements of IFI 125 and IFI 525 as well as automotive specifications when used on clean, dry and/or dry phosphated surfaces.
- Unaffected By Foreign Substances: Oil, gasoline, saltspray, acids, solvents, water, and air have virtually no effect on Microspheres when introduced after a final cure has been achieved. The cross-linked molecular structure of ND Microspheres makes it one of the most resistant types of adhesives.
- Long Shelf Life: Once applied, ND Microspheres remains inert until a cure is activated by engagement with a mating thread. Store in cool dry environment.
- Saves Money: ND Microspheres brand pre-applied thread adhesive is less expensive than applying bottled thread locking compounds at the point of assembly.
- Chrysler: PF-6616, MC-CC-76 A & C
- Ford: ESS-M11P24-A1, ESS-M11P24-A2, WSS-M11P45-A1, WX-200
- General Motors: GM6175M, GMW14657B
- IFI: 125
- IFI: 525
- DIN: 267 Part 27
- Meritor (Rockwell): Q-29, Q-43
- Americal Axel: MS-2408
- Bendix: ES-1821
- Dana: ES-PS-0614, PS-612
- Delphi: DX520402
- Eaton: PS-005
- John Deere: RES10432
- Steelcase: ES3-86-29A
- TRW: TMS-P-10559, TPS-C-20089
- Harley Davidson
|Color||Orange or Neutral||Blue,Yellow||Blue, Yellow, Pink, Green, Red||Dark Blue|
|Competes With||3M® Scotch-Grip® 2451 & 2510, ThreeBond 2440||n/a||3M® Scotch-Grip® 2353 & 4844, ThreeBond 2430||ThreeBond 2446, 3M Scotch-Grip® 2353 & 4844|
|Primary Use||Heavy Duty Lock||Heavy Duty Lock||Heavy Duty Lock||Heavy Duty Lock|
|Lead Treads||1 to 3||1 to 3||1 to 3||1 to 3|
|Coating Length||1.5 x Diameter||1.5 x Diameter||1.5 x Diameter||1.5 x Diameter|
|Prevailing on Torque**||Minimal||Minimal||0.55 Nm||0.55 Nm|
|Breakaway Torque**||Exceeds IFI 125 & IFI 525||Exceeds IFI 125 & IFI 525||30 Nm||33.9 Nm|
|Temp Range||-65° to 300°F||-65° to 300°F||-65° to 300°F||-65° to 300°F|
|Fixture Time||4 Hrs||4 Hrs||4 Hrs||4 Hrs|
|Full Cure Time||72 Hrs||72 Hrs||72 Hrs||72 Hrs|
|On Part Life***||2 Years||2 Years||2 Years||2 Years|
|Reusability||Degenerative < 3 Cycles||Degenerative < 3 Cycles||Degenerative < 3 Cycles||Degenerative < 3 Cycles|
* Data provided is for Liquid Slurry utilizing Toluene as solvent. DPC (Dry Powder Concentrate) version is available to applicators.
** On clean, dry, or dry phosphated surfaces.
*** When stored in dry, cool environment.