ND HQ Self-Locking Inserts
ND "HQ" (High-Quality) Self-Locking Threaded Inserts are constructed of lightweight molybdenum, disulfidecoated, stainless steel with a nylon strip element that provides positive locking action for both internal and external threads.
- ND's strip-type nylon locking element extends completely through the insert wall. During initial assembly, the nylon element is forced inward until it protrudes beyond the inner threads. When the mating fastener is installed, the locking element enhances metal-to-metal contact, both internally and externally. External prevailing torque is double the internal torque which prevents unintentional rotation of the insert after installation.
ND HQ Inserts meet or exceed the performance requirements of the following specifications and/or standards:
- Reusable: ND's "HQ" Inserts can be reused repeatedly, making them ideal for use with low tensile strength materials such as aluminum, magnesium, and plastics.
- Reclaims Stripped Threads: ND "HQ" Threaded Inserts offer a simple, inexpensive way to reclaim stripped threads on expensive components or subassemblies.
- Easy-To-Use: Installing ND "HQ" Self-Locking Threaded Inserts is as easy as using a standard drilling tool to drill, tap, and assemble.
- High Temperature Materials Available: The normal temperature range for ND "HQ" Self-Locking Threaded Inserts is -60°F to +250°F (-45.5°C to +121°C). However, inserts are vailable in other materials to meet special services requirements.