ND Expandable Mastics
ND Industries' heat expandable mastic products are used in a wide variety of applications providing economical solutions for the prevention of metal-to-metal contact, vibration, and noise-related problems (sometimes refered to as flutter). An excellent anti-flutter compound, ND Expandable Mastics are an extruded product made in standard, custom, or complex die cut shapes and thicknesses to meet customer requirements for sealing, noise dampening, and vibration reduction.
How Expandable Mastics Work:
- ND Expandable Mastic extrusions are ready-to-use in an uncured form and can be applied or bonded to any metal surface prior to the application of heat. When heat is applied, generally in a primer oven, a reaction takes place that causes the material to expand and adhere to the metal surfaces and create a seal while filling all space between the metals.
- Our product offers expansion rates ranging from 100% to 400%. The material is stable, non-volatile, resistant to most chemicals, has a long shelf-life, and is compatible with production phosphatizing and paint systems.
- Volume filler: ND Expandable Mastics swell to fill the cavity it is placed in. When used between two layers of sheet metal, the material acts as an insulator from moisture, air, dust, and noise.
- Suppresses flutter & vibration: When used as backing for sheet metal panels, it prevents flutter, seals, reduces vibration, and deadens sound.
- Bonding: ND Expandable Mastics will provide some metal-to-metal bonding once it is fully cured.
- Sealing: In a cured or uncured state, ND Expandable Mastics secure the intended area from penetration by moisture, gases, dust, sound, and vibration.
- Adhesion: ND Expandable Mastics offer excellent adhesion to metal substrates - without additional adhesives or tape.
- Standard Profiles: ND Expandable Mastics are available in a variety of lengths and diameters to provide a quick and flexible response to a customer's need.
- Customer Die Cut Shapes: For unique applications, ND Industries can provide the material in custom die cut shapes.
- Process-Friendly Timesaver: ND Expandable Mastics are easy to incorporate into high-volume production functions and can be applied with minimal time, effort, or training, or can be assembled for you by ND.
- Economical: ND Expandable Mastics are inexpensive and yet provides excellent high-quality expansion and sealing.
- Environment and Production Friendly: ND Expandable Mastics are non-staining, non-volatile, and requires little cleanup in production operations.
- Competitively priced: ND Expandable Mastics are a cost effective filler and sealer.