Epoxy-Lock is a powerful locking & sealing factory pre-applied thread adhesive that can be applied to male or female threaded fasteners of all sizes and configurations.
- Epoxy-Lock remains inert until the coated fastener is assembled to its mating part. The forces of engagement crush the surface skin, mix the separate epoxy components and initiate a chemical reaction which locks the parts together.
- Within minutes of assembly, Epoxy-Lock forms a bond between surfaces which can only be broken with a wrench. After 12 hours, Epoxy-Lock outperforms most nylon locking elements in first-off torque. After 24 hours, Epoxy-Lock has achieved up to 80% of its ultimate cure. Curing continues for up to 72 hours following installation.
- As with all of our preapplied products, ND Industries can apply Epoxy-Lock to your fasteners at any one of our regional service centers, or we can supply you with fasteners already coated with Epoxy-Lock.
|Color||Orange (Blue or Yellow Available)|
|Primary Use||Heavy Duty Lock|
|Coating Length||1.5 x Diameter|
|Prevailing on Torque||0.55 Nm|
|Breakaway Torque||50 Nm|
|Temp Range||-65° to 400°F|
|Fixture Time||4 Hrs|
|Full Cure Time||72 Hrs|
|On Part Life*||2 Years|
Process: ND's skilled staff of engineers has developed a unique, highly repeatable, environmentally friendly fastener coating process.
Does Not Require Uncoated Lead Threads: Epoxy-Lock is a soft, pliable material that will not cause or contribute to cross threading.
Exceptional Locking Power: Extensive testing indicates that Epoxy-Lock provides two to four times greater breakaway torque than conventional "plastic" fastener locking devices.
Versatile: Epoxy-Lock is compatible with all materials (even plastics) and most finishes.
Surpasses Industrial Fastener Institute Standards: Epoxy-Lock meets or exceeds all torque requirements of IFI 125, IFI 525, as well as automotive adhesive coated fastener performance specifications.
Long Shelf Life: Once applied, Epoxy-Lock remains inert until a cure is activated by engagement with a mating thread.
Unaffected by Foreign Substances: Oil, gasoline, saltspray, acids, solvents, water, and air have virtually no effect on Epoxy-Lock after a final cure has been achieved. The cross-link molecular structure of Epoxy-Lock makes it solvent resistant.
Saves Money: ND Epoxy-Lock is less expensive than applying bottled thread locking compounds at the point of assembly. Eliminates the need for costly lockwashers, cotter pins or castellated nuts.
requirements of the following specifications
- Chrysler: PF-6616, MS-CC-76
- Ford: ESS-M11P24-A1, ESS-M11P24-A2
- General Motors: GM6175M, GM6194M
- IFI: 125
- IFI: 525
- Detroit Diesel: 9S283, 80K15, ES15-230
- Delphi: DX520402, 520403
- Meritor (Rockwell): Q-43, Q-29
- Outboard Marine: 1767
- American Axel: MS-2408
- Auburn Gear: ETS-005
- Briggs & Stratton: GM6194M
- Copeland / Emerson: ES15-230
- McGard: Quality Standard #36
- Mercedes Benz: 14 125
- Monroe Auto Equipment: S-652